Green Tree Frog Set-Up Questions

For all those who care for our magnificent native frog fauna at home. Share information on enclosures, feeding, which frogs to select, and general care advice.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

macsmum07
spawn
spawn

Green Tree Frog Set-Up Questions

Postby macsmum07 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:46 am

Hi All!

I’m a long-time lurker, first time poster, with a few questions.

I have the Exo Terra Crested Gecko Terrarium which is 18x18x24” / 45x45x60 cm which will house 4 GTF

I was thinking of using large pebbles/ ‘frog rocks’ as my substrate with water dishes and a water fountain with a mister. Will I need to put anything under the pebbles or can they be placed directly on the bottom of the tank?

I live in Port Stephens NSW. I’m thinking of using a heating pad under the tank with a thermostat. My husband will elevate the tank off the cabinet to ensure proper ventilation. My question is do I get a heating pad to cover the entire bottom of the tank or do I just want to heat a smaller section? Will this be enough heat for the GTFs or will I need to supplement it with a heating lamp?

For lighting, I was looking at the Reptile One UVB 2.0 Fluorescent light tube and the Moonlight Fluorescent light tube. Will this lighting be sufficient for day and night? It is my understanding the GTFs will need
8-10 hours of the UVB light per day?

Thank you in advance for any advice/suggestions you can offer.

Macsmum :D

Return to “Keeping frogs”