GTF Growth Rate?

Do you have a question about anatomy, life cycle, taxonomy, or anything else that isn't covered by the other frogs.org.au projects? Ask them here (or provide an answer to other people's questions).

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

simpet14
spawn
spawn

GTF Growth Rate?

Postby simpet14 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:07 am

Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and to frogs but I have had a GTF now for the past 3 weeks and was just wondering what their grow rate is like? He or She is only around 1.5 inches in length at present and has dusted crickets/woodies avaliable to him/her at all times. The tank sits at around 20 deg thanks to a couple of heat mats and he has UV during the day. I tried searching the internet but couldnt find anything.

He is very active and seems in good health. Oh and I have called him 8 Ball...why not sure really just sounded cute/cool :D

Thanks

anastasia courtney
frog
frog

Postby anastasia courtney » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 am

It will depend on how much you feed him, if he has food to him all the time (which is goo when he is young) then he will grow fairly quickly. I got 4 GTF in Feb they were only about 4 cm when I got them they are now bordering on 8cm snout to vent length.

simpet14
spawn
spawn

Thanks

Postby simpet14 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:40 am

Thanks for the information Anastasia. It amazing how quickly they grow in the right conditions!

Return to “Think Tank”