Why are they trying to escape?

Do you have a question about anatomy, life cycle, taxonomy, or anything else that isn't covered by the other frogs.org.au projects? Ask them here (or provide an answer to other people's questions).

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

angel_saza
frog
frog

Why are they trying to escape?

Postby angel_saza » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:53 pm

My frogs are really active tonight. Lost of jumping around is going on. But.. all the jumping seems to be onto the front of the tank, climbing to the top and trying to push the lid up! Little buggers. I fed them 3 dusted crickets tonight. Is there any reason for them doing this?

GrantW
Community Elder
Community Elder

Postby GrantW » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:33 am

Is there any storm or rain approaching? Frogs often get excited immediately before rain. Otherwise they could just be doing that for no reason.

Cricket
tadpole
tadpole

Postby Cricket » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:39 pm

My frogs went all strange last night as well (see 'a strange moment' in the common room). But there was a storm approaching as tnarg suggested. Still, we have had storms before and the froggies react very little each time. Maybe my frogs were responding to all the electrical activity as there was plenty of lightning around.

angel_saza
frog
frog

Postby angel_saza » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:36 pm

I didn't have any storm :(:(

Cricket
tadpole
tadpole

Postby Cricket » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:59 pm

How are your frogs behaving now? Still trying to escape? Could it have been to do with temp or humidity? Mine seem to come up to the flyscreen lid (I suppose due to greater ventilation) more when it is hot (30+) or very humid (80+).

As my frogs were wanting to get out at approx the same time as yours, I suspect there was some sort of pre-arranged and highly organised 'rage against the humans', nationwide froggy-revolution type thing going on :lol:

I hope they are more settled now.

Pat.

angel_saza
frog
frog

Postby angel_saza » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:53 am

Perhaps, lol. They've settled now. I didn't hear them at all last night. Maybe it was because it was a saturday night and they were having a party... :roll:

Return to “Think Tank”