Things just keep appearing in my pond system.

"...get frogs/tadpoles for my garden"; "find and catch a particular frog from the wild"; "release some frogs". A special forum where the answer is almost always "it is illegal (and not recommended)" but you can ask anyway.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

Nevyn68
spawn
spawn

Things just keep appearing in my pond system.

Postby Nevyn68 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:28 pm

This link is to images of my pond system.

http://nevyn68.minus.com/mGJrxKJLUGuIt

Some how there must have been eggs from the pond on the left which is the goldfish pond on some of the under water plants I moved to the intended frog pond on the right. (I hope to be ready some time in the new year to get tadpoles.)
I have small rainbow (something) fish in the frog pond and they are happy and breeding already after just a couple of months.
So today I took the frog pond half apart to catch the 2 small goldfish and move them into the goldfish pond where they belong. Which I managed to do.
While putting the frog pond back together I saw what looked like a worm about 5cm long and about 2mm wide swimming like a snake. It was cream in colour.
I know it was not a worm but here are my questions.
1a: Would it be an eel?
1b: And if so how would it have gotten into my system?
2: Will it eat the small rainbow fish I have in the frog pond or any tadpoles that may end up in the future?

If you have any questions feel free to ask them so I might get the right answers to my questions. :)
Thanks for taking time to read this too.

Return to “Where can I ... ?”