Can I move tadpoles - any suggestions on capturing?

"...get frogs/tadpoles for my garden"; "find and catch a particular frog from the wild"; "release some frogs". A special forum where the answer is almost always "it is illegal (and not recommended)" but you can ask anyway.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

Gabes Mom
spawn
spawn

Can I move tadpoles - any suggestions on capturing?

Postby Gabes Mom » Sun May 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi!

I am assuming the tadpoles are tree frogs; there has been significant noticeable tree frog presence (noise).

I put out the baby pool I use to wash my dog a few days ago. Right after that it rained for several days. I went out to clean it up and its just full of tadpoles. If I don't clean it I will be inundated with mosquitos. It is also in the middle of the yard with not relief from the sun. From what I have found so far, they won't survive in the direct sun. The houses are pretty close and if the water starts getting funky my neighbor takes it upon herself to come over and dump bleach or soap in my dogs pool. So THAT would kill them if the other issues don't. There are several shallow lakes in the area I could transfer them to. I have back issues after a couple car accidents, so I need to reduce the water - I won't be able to make a lot of trips. The alternative is to just dump it out, but with all the little living creatures in it, :( I hate to do that! I have no idea what kind of beasties they are, they are very small right now. Very very small.

Is there some way I could safely filter them, capture them? Any advice? Thanks, would appreciate any help.

Sean
frog
frog

Postby Sean » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:30 pm

Sorry I haven't visited the forum for awhile. How did you go?

Return to “Where can I ... ?”