Where can I purchase red eye green tree frogs, I'm in vic

"...get frogs/tadpoles for my garden"; "find and catch a particular frog from the wild"; "release some frogs". A special forum where the answer is almost always "it is illegal (and not recommended)" but you can ask anyway.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

oneteaspoon
spawn
spawn

Where can I purchase red eye green tree frogs, I'm in vic

Postby oneteaspoon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm wanting to see if I can find anywhere that I can buy 2 red eyed green tree frogs.

I have a set up with waterfall & everything else expect for the frogs...

I was filling out the license application & noticed that to own a red eye I'd need an advance license but for a green tree only a basic.

I would prefer red eye however if they are hard to come by in Vic then ill just apply for the basic reptile license.

CLF
spawn
spawn

Postby CLF » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:47 am

There are some for sale on Gumtree at the moment. :)

oneteaspoon
spawn
spawn

Postby oneteaspoon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:30 am

CLF wrote:There are some for sale on Gumtree at the moment. :)

Thank you very much :)

Sean
frog
frog

Postby Sean » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 pm

I have heard that red eyes can be harder to look after than other frogs. Never had any myself but maybe something to look into if this is your first frog. They do look great though! :D

Heath T
spawn
spawn

Postby Heath T » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:39 pm

not sure but does anyone know anything about southern brown tree frogs?

oneteaspoon
spawn
spawn

Postby oneteaspoon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:47 pm

Sean wrote:I have heard that red eyes can be harder to look after than other frogs. Never had any myself but maybe something to look into if this is your first frog. They do look great though! :D

Even if they are I believe they are worth it... I spend my life looking after my turtles so I am aware of the kind of commitment they will enquire.

Can I hand hold them?

Sean
frog
frog

Postby Sean » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:58 pm

Yep I imagine they are. I am not sure about holding, it might depend on the individual frog. Although I think I read somewhere that red eyes like being held less than most.

I was surprised how cheap the Gumtree ones are and I have space for them... ..no.. must resist.. temptation... :D

MrFordEL
frog
frog

Postby MrFordEL » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:18 am

any frog is easy enough to look after if you read the care sheet and keep the temperatures up to the requirements

oneteaspoon
spawn
spawn

Postby oneteaspoon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:44 am

Sean wrote:Yep I imagine they are. I am not sure about holding, it might depend on the individual frog. Although I think I read somewhere that red eyes like being held less than most.

I was surprised how cheap the Gumtree ones are and I have space for them... ..no.. must resist.. temptation... :D

Haha I know right... I have to resist buying off there all the time.

I'm only prob wanting to hold them once a week for a short while.... Just to get a more close up look at them & also that way if something changes I will notice it more as I'm handling them on a regular basis.

Return to “Where can I ... ?”