Motorbike Frogs

"...get frogs/tadpoles for my garden"; "find and catch a particular frog from the wild"; "release some frogs". A special forum where the answer is almost always "it is illegal (and not recommended)" but you can ask anyway.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

whitch
spawn
spawn

Motorbike Frogs

Postby whitch » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:41 pm

I have approx 100 large tadpoles (motorbike frogs) in my pool, need to get it ready for summer so I need to find a good home for them. Some are already sprouting hind legs. The frogs breed every year and I already have a large number of adult frogs as permanent residents, I live in the Armadale/Kelmscott region.

Sean
frog
frog

Postby Sean » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Hey, sorry it has taken awhile for me to respond. I am not sure what the laws in Perth are. I doubt you are allowed to move wild tadpoles.

That said, assuming it is legal (which is up to you to investigate) it would be best to move them into another container in your yard. Just buy a big storage container (atleast 50L) like you get from Kmart, BigW etc. Then just use a new soft fish net from a pet shop to catch them.

Use rainwater if you can, chlorine and fluoride in tap water will kill them. You can feed them frozen endive or lettuce. This site is a good guide to raising them:

http://www.fdrproject.org.au/ponds/rais ... oles.shtml

Return to “Where can I ... ?”