Green tree frog skin condition.

A big issue both in enclosures and in the wild.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

Mattwestvic
spawn
spawn

Green tree frog skin condition.

Postby Mattwestvic » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:15 pm

Hi guys, I'm getting really worried about my green tree frogs. They have had a weird white (sometimes a bit yellow) spotty infection on their backs. I had a log in their tank that started to grow white fungus (I think) so I took it out. The next week they started having troubles and they all went a strange color (almost purple). Someone suggested a 1:150 betadine bath.

I didn't soak them in it but I got a clean cloth and soaked that in the solution and held it to them.

I am really hoping for an identification of the problem and maybe other ways to treat it. I'll post a photo. Just let me know if you need more pictures. I'll take them to the vet if this betadine doesn't work.

Also their color seems to be getting better as you can see by the photos they are turning green again. I'm hoping that's a good sign!
Attachments
frog 1.jpg

kismetgecko
metamorphling
metamorphling

Postby kismetgecko » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:09 pm

Hi,
Firstly, I'm not an expert and can't really offer any advice as to how to fix this. What I can do however is direct you to this page for some information regarding that betadine treatment you mentioned: http://www.frogsafe.org.au/disease/rehab_tech.shtml
I can't advise you whether to continue using it or not either, but it could be a starting point for some some more research if you want to follow it up. There are also details on the site regarding how to contact them. I'm just not sure how many responses you'll get on here at the moment, so I thought I'd offer the little I can. They are very good.
From my own limited experience, I think you should feel encouraged as long as the frogs are improving. That's always a good sign. Are they behaving any differently to normal?
Hope this is some help... and good luck.
Jamie

Return to “Health and disease”