Heating

For all those who care for our magnificent native frog fauna at home. Share information on enclosures, feeding, which frogs to select, and general care advice.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

*ADRIAN*
frog
frog

Heating

Postby *ADRIAN* » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Well its come to that time of the year again where the temperature is quickly dropping and our little frogs need some sort of heating (with the exception of a few species/location), so im just wondering what species, source of heating and temperatures your all keeping your terrariums at for your little ones?

Litoria Alex
frog
frog

Postby Litoria Alex » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:31 am

Because I keep species that naturally occur in my own backyard, I don't use heating for them. I do have a water heater in my tadpole tank though.
If I was to provide heat for my morphlings, how do u suggest I do that?
Ps what types of froggies do u keep?

*ADRIAN*
frog
frog

Postby *ADRIAN* » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:10 pm

depending on the size of your tank you could use a heat pad stuck to the side of your tank (on the out side so the frogs dont burn there selves), an extra light canopy with night glo globes in there or a heat globe conected to a thermostat a water heater could also be used to take the chill off. Ive got a ceramic heat globe in with my adult red eyes which is around the 28.c mark with constant running water to keep the humidity up, in with my large GTFs ive also got a ceramic heat globe which keeps them at around 24.c and i give them a mist each day, my baby red eyes ive got in a smaller terrarium (soon to be upgraded to a bigger one) with two exo terra canopies on the top which helps block the heat in, one with uv lighting and the other with night glo globes for heating, there terrarium is around the 26.c mark, my perons ive just got a water heater in there at 24.c just to keep them a little warm but will probably turn it down a little when i take the green and gold bells out and put them in there own terrarium and my SBTFs and banjos dont have any heating just room temp which is around 15-24.c at this point but will look into maybe giving them a bit of heat once it gets a bit cooler, think thats all of them correct me if im doing anything wrong any advise would be great :)

Return to “Keeping frogs”