Gillens tree frog call?

For all those who care for our magnificent native frog fauna at home. Share information on enclosures, feeding, which frogs to select, and general care advice.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

Warwick29
metamorphling
metamorphling

Gillens tree frog call?

Postby Warwick29 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:28 pm

I have my frogs in the garage at the moment and they are happy there, but when we get frosts in winter it gets really cold (below 0 degrees):shock:! So I am going to move the frogs inside but do not know what noises they will make.... Do they sound like green tree frogs?:?

*ADRIAN*
frog
frog

Postby *ADRIAN* » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 pm

Not sure if there as noisy as GTFs but ive found with my frogs that you dont hear much calling if any from them during winter so you should be fine, just make sure you put them as far from the bedroom as possible in case they do call so you can atleast block the sound out a little

MrFordEL
frog
frog

Postby MrFordEL » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Tried that. i can hear my white lips from outside sitting in my car with the windows up.

*ADRIAN*
frog
frog

Postby *ADRIAN* » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:31 pm

Are white lips louder than GTFs? im guessing been bigger frogs they would be. I think over time ive got used to all my frogs croaking lol, ive just set up my own room for my frogs and scorpions, only got two large terrariums (red eyes and GTFs) in the lounge room now but gonna try move the red eyes in there when i do there next tank clean out.

Return to “Keeping frogs”