baby red eyes turning green

For all those who care for our magnificent native frog fauna at home. Share information on enclosures, feeding, which frogs to select, and general care advice.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

*ADRIAN*
frog
frog

baby red eyes turning green

Postby *ADRIAN* » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Just wondering if anyone has kept baby red eyes from very young before? The reason for me asking is that when i got these guys almost a week ago they where a very dull cream/sand colour but ive noticed today that there slowy getting a green tinge all over this isnt my concern though, my concern is that there getting a darker green starting to show around there legs and also where there top half meets the belly (a single line running horizontal). Im guessing this is just part of them forming there natuaral colour but just thought ide ask so that i can sleep at night with out worrying there sick even know there very active and eating well. I tried to get some photos but for some reason the green doesnt show up as well as it should, i'll try get some more later

Jules
metamorphling
metamorphling

Postby Jules » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:49 am

Yeah when I got mine they were yellow/sandy and slowly turned green. Can't remember exactly what age this occurred. I think its pretty normal.

MrFordEL
frog
frog

Postby MrFordEL » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:34 am

well i have to wait another month now for me to get red eyes.

My mate brought the 3 that the pet store in mclaren vale.

his are also a lemon yellow and very active.

*ADRIAN*
frog
frog

Postby *ADRIAN* » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:18 pm

cool kind of figured since they all seem to be fine that its just normal, theres still some available at aggies if your still after some mate was in there friday

highlyevolved
frog
frog

Postby highlyevolved » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:48 pm

the breeder on here is also selling them at $35 dollars if you say your from this forum (even tho the price seems to have been raised to $49). Mine still have a yellowish haze to them. I'm assuming it would take 3 to 6 months to turn bright green. I guess we will all find out in time.

Jules
metamorphling
metamorphling

Postby Jules » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:29 pm

I cant believe how expensive they are. I paid $20 bucks each 6 years ago. I think he actually gave me 6 for $100. I would try to breed mine as I think they're getting old and I would like to continue keeping them, but I cant stand the croaking. One night of croaking a week is enough for me.

MrFordEL
frog
frog

Postby MrFordEL » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:29 pm

jules, well white lips are crossed off your list if you looking for different frogs.

Mine croaks everynight and its the loudest croak a frog has. but it takes a week to get used to it and you dont even take notice after then

Marshie Man
frog
frog

Postby Marshie Man » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Well you would expect the largest tree frog in the world to have a massive croak! :P

Alex

Return to “Keeping frogs”