How to Make the Perfect Vivarium Substrate.

For all those who care for our magnificent native frog fauna at home. Share information on enclosures, feeding, which frogs to select, and general care advice.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

melcoggio
tadpole
tadpole

Postby melcoggio » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:31 pm

also do you use anything ontop of the substrate to dress it up? or just leave the mix exposed? does it get stuck to your frogs? ive been looking for coco fibre everywhere abut can only find the type that you use in hanging baskets - the sticky stringy stuff (not the mulchy stuff) my frogs hate it - they find it weird to grab onto

Cypher
tadpole
tadpole

Postby Cypher » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:23 pm

camnsue wrote:
rockstar_jones wrote:^ +1

Have looked at your new thread. The tank looks great, you can tell you've had a bit of experience putting these together. Congratulations. Love the fish in the water area. I assume the frogs won't eat them ??!!

Sue

Could you tell me which thread the pics of the tank is on?
I tried the last page of the enclosure thread but couldn't see Stipe's tank on it.
Cheers

Sazzle
spawn
spawn

Re: How to Make the Perfect Vivarium Substrate.

Postby Sazzle » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:23 pm

Hiya,

Where is this original post? All I can see are the replies....

Chris Key
Community Elder
Community Elder

Re: How to Make the Perfect Vivarium Substrate.

Postby Chris Key » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:33 pm

I wonder if the original poster deleted it at some point, or their account was hacked and started spamming - if that happens, I'm afraid it's easier to just delete all the posts from that account that try to delete all the spam posts one by one :/

Return to “Keeping frogs”