Perons tree frog

Need some help to identify a frog (or tadpole or egg mass)? Sounds like a job for the collective minds of the Community. Photographs and/or recordings are greatly appreciated. Results guaranteed (All money cheerfully refunded).

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

F Murtz
spawn
spawn

Perons tree frog

Postby F Murtz » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:36 pm

It is back in my letter box, it was in my letter box last feb,so if it is the same one where was it for the rest of the year?If not why would a different frog pick the same place?
I would not pick an Aluminium letter box in the hottest part of the year if I were a frog (maybe it moves out when hot and comes back,I will have to watch)

I also have something that sits in my eaves and high in my metal shed (garage) that I thought was a baby bird winging for mum, but I have come to the conclusion that these are also frogs, maybe even perons but I would not have said they cackled.

tropicbreeze
frog
frog

Postby tropicbreeze » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:44 pm

I'm often surprised by where I find frogs in hot weather. There's a gate I used to go through that had a channel metal cover that overlapped another piece of pipe, all sitting out in the sun most of the day. There would often be 4 or 5 frogs in there. The metal was hot to touch but the frogs were still regularly sheltering in there. Froglets getting around in the day on bare ground in the sun. Being so small you'd think they'd cook through pretty fast. "Mad dogs and Englishmen.....", guess we should add frogs.

Return to “Identification”