Sound recording identification

Need some help to identify a frog (or tadpole or egg mass)? Sounds like a job for the collective minds of the Community. Photographs and/or recordings are greatly appreciated. Results guaranteed (All money cheerfully refunded).

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

pohgorf
spawn
spawn

Sound recording identification

Postby pohgorf » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:14 pm

Hi everyone,
Trying to identify this species but couldn't see it to photograph. Whilst tadpole spotting with my daughter, we found some in a murky puddle next to a flat rock bottomed creek, which flows through Glenrock state conservation area, 5km south of Newcastle NSW. The tadpoles ranged from 6-12mm long with the body being about half the overall size. For the life of me, we couldn't see the frog, which seemed to be hiding in a rock crevasse next to the puddle. My phone sound recorder was like only centimetres from where it was hiding.Have listened to all the calls on the website, but couldn't find the same. Its starts off with frogs in the background croaking away, then the one we were trying to spot starts at around 12 seconds. Thanks in advance!.
Attachments
record20160814160518 - Copy.mp3
(476.28 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

Chris Key
Community Elder
Community Elder

Re: Sound recording identification

Postby Chris Key » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:59 am

Thanks for dropping in, hopefully someone who knows this frog is around - but this forum is pretty uninhabited now :( Hopefully we can fix that!

Return to “Identification”