frog noise identity....help needed

Need some help to identify a frog (or tadpole or egg mass)? Sounds like a job for the collective minds of the Community. Photographs and/or recordings are greatly appreciated. Results guaranteed (All money cheerfully refunded).

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

markpaulam
spawn
spawn

frog noise identity....help needed

Postby markpaulam » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:50 pm

Hi, We am new to this group and looking fwd to learning more about frogs etc. We have hundreds of frogs in our back yard and only hear them when rain is approaching or when it is actually raining. They are noisy. Is there a place we can go to hear various frogs calls so we can identify our frogs?

Evan
Community Elder
Community Elder

Postby Evan » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:03 pm

The best resource is a CD by David Stewart called "Australian Frog Calls Subtropical East". You can quickly cycle through all the calls. It is available at the arcade

Another option is to record the frog calls, and upload them to this forum so we can ID them.

Also, there are two websites. You can cycle through all the frogs of Queensland here. Not all species pages have a call. Another option is Frogs Australia Network, but you have to have the species name before you can hear the call.

I recommend the first two before trying out the websites.

Evan

markpaulam
spawn
spawn

Postby markpaulam » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:18 am

Thanks Evan,
You have given me many helpful options. I will try recording them and try to get the recording on to this site.
regards, Paula.

Return to “Identification”