Frog calls

Do you have a question about anatomy, life cycle, taxonomy, or anything else that isn't covered by the other frogs.org.au projects? Ask them here (or provide an answer to other people's questions).

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

tropicbreeze
frog
frog

Frog calls

Postby tropicbreeze » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:54 pm

I used to have links to frog calls to help in IDing them. Now when I look none of them have recordings of the calls anymore. Anyone have links to frog calls that still work? Thanks.

Sean
frog
frog

Postby Sean » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:56 am

I checked a couple on the other part of this site and they seem to still work?
:wink:

http://frogs.org.au/frogs/index.html

tropicbreeze
frog
frog

Postby tropicbreeze » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:17 pm

Thanks for the responses. I have looked at the data on this site but can't see any recorded calls for NT frogs. Maybe I'm stupid (always a distinct possibility) but doesn't seem to be anything there.

Aaron
frog
frog

Postby Aaron » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:30 pm

tropicbreeze wrote:Thanks for the responses. I have looked at the data on this site but can't see any recorded calls for NT frogs. Maybe I'm stupid (always a distinct possibility) but doesn't seem to be anything there.

The recordings on this site are geared more towards the Victorian frog species. I don't know of any sites that have the calls of the NT Frogs. Rio Tinto used to sponsor the Frogs Australia website which had a few but it appears to have been taken down. Ian Morris' Frogwatch NT site has a few recordings from memory.

Aaron

tropicbreeze
frog
frog

Postby tropicbreeze » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 am

Thanks Aaron. The frog watch site has taken down the frog call recordings, did it a few years ago. I got some recordings from Ian Morris, he lives just down the road from my place. I'm planning on making recordings of my own, but mostly there's from 2 to a dozen species calling at the same time. Should be interesting to see how it goes.

Sean
frog
frog

Postby Sean » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:33 am

Frogwatch still seems to have a couple, but maybe not the ones you are looking for?

http://www.frogwatch.org.au/index.cfm?a ... nimal.list

tropicbreeze
frog
frog

Postby tropicbreeze » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:32 pm

Thanks Sean. Last time I looked the sound icons were all whited out/not working. Looks like they've set it up again. I'd shifted to the Kimberley frog site but then they shut theirs off too.

Sean
frog
frog

Postby Sean » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:54 am

Awesome, glad I could help. You probably should download them just in case they disappear again. :wink:

Return to “Think Tank”