Help, I can't sleep

Do you have a question about anatomy, life cycle, taxonomy, or anything else that isn't covered by the other frogs.org.au projects? Ask them here (or provide an answer to other people's questions).

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

janz
spawn
spawn

Help, I can't sleep

Postby janz » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:10 pm

Recently subdivided a block and had to install a soakage pit that drains into a low lying area creating a natural pond corner when we get rain. I planted the right sort of native plants in an effort to reduce water problem, but seems the frogs love it too and I think I now have a (multiplying) population of striped marsh frogs outside my bedroom window. This is not funny, I can't sleep. They're incredibly noisy. It's not a soothing croak, more like a cacaphony!! How to I get rid of them or relocate them?

MrFordEL
frog
frog

Postby MrFordEL » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:31 pm

They only croak during summer and the croaking will be finishing up soon

Litoria Alex
frog
frog

Postby Litoria Alex » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:29 pm

One of my striped marsh frogs (who lives in my bedroom), calls through the night. At first, I struggled sleeping with the noise but after a few nights I adjusted. There are also heaps of crinia signifiera outside my window and I quickly adjusted to them too. You can't really get rid of the frogs but hopefully you will quickly be able to zone them out:)
All the best!

Return to “Think Tank”