Do tadpoles get lonely?

Do you have a question about anatomy, life cycle, taxonomy, or anything else that isn't covered by the other frogs.org.au projects? Ask them here (or provide an answer to other people's questions).

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

{~*Laura*~}
metamorphling
metamorphling

Do tadpoles get lonely?

Postby {~*Laura*~} » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:04 am

Okay, that probably sounds like a really dumb question but I'm nutty about my frogs. I know I'm too sentimental.. But there was this puddle full of tadpoles, most of them were the size of my thumbnail, and I caught eleven of them. (I'm going back for the rest later today because the puddle is drying up.) I also caught one tiny litte thing. It's body is this big 0 and I'm scared that if I put it with the others they will eat it. It's the same species, I think they may be caerulea tads, you can see them up in the Encounters thread where I will be posting photos shortly.
But what it comes down to is that this poor little baby is on its own and I hate to think that it's lonely in its little container by itself...

angel_saza
frog
frog

Postby angel_saza » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:57 am

Being on its own, you can monitor how much it is eating and because it has no competition from other taddies for food, you may find he'll grow big in no time!

Nelson
spawn
spawn

Postby Nelson » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:14 am

{~*Laura*~}, from general observations I have made in captive breeding situations, the tadpoles in groups often appear more active then tadpoles that are housed alone. I am not sure what drives this, but from my experience this is what I have found.

Return to “Think Tank”