my garden frogs

The Frog Watch project focuses on frog-friendly gardening - the approach to conservation is based on learning, appreciation and involvement. This forum deals with all topics relating to providing habitat for local frogs including ponds, plants, and fish.

Moderators: Chris Key, Gerry Marantelli, Mod Squad

thegrump179
spawn
spawn

my garden frogs

Postby thegrump179 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:48 am

Hi. am here because I keep stumbling across frogs in my garden. I often wonder where they come from because there is no water on my block except for a very small pond with fish. I found a small frog last night on a small upper level tier, which has no access to it. I have come across frogs on this level before and I now wondering if I can do something to make them more comfortable. I also am interested in what type of frog it is, It is most likely a common eastern froglet or a smooth. I have looked up the internet but all info leads to the frogs living around water, or at least laying their eggs in water. The pictures show the tier the frogs are found on. It is 1.5m above a paved area, 1.5m wide, it is backed by another rock wall which is 2m high topped by a timber fence. The tier has no access at either end. The tier is over grown with plumbago

thegrump179
spawn
spawn

Postby thegrump179 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:51 am

Who
tadpole
tadpole

Re: my garden frogs

Postby Who » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:58 am

The frog in your pics looks more like some kind of burrowing frog, perhaps a Pobblebonk. They are quite powerfull jumpers and the potted plants would form a fairly easy step for them, giving access to the top tier.

Patttern an colouration vary alot with this guy.
http://frogs.org.au/frogs/species/Limno ... /dumerili/

Who.

thegrump179 wrote:I also am interested in what type of frog it is, It is most likely a common eastern froglet or a smooth. I have looked up the internet but all info leads to the frogs living around water, or at least laying their eggs in water. The pictures show the tier the frogs are found on. It is 1.5m above a paved area, 1.5m wide, it is backed by another rock wall which is 2m high topped by a timber fence. The tier has no access at either end. The tier is over grown with plumbago

Return to “Frog-friendly gardening”